My name is Lauren Walsburg. I am an Australian writer, editor, and blogger. I am currently studying a creative writing degree, which if you read my blog you’ll notice I will talk about it a lot in my posts.
I enjoy writing in a range of different genres and forms. I particularly enjoy writing short stories (you can read more about that here). I’m currently working on a few different projects. I am compiling two different short story anthologies, one a collection of fairy tales the other a collection of moments. I am also working on my first novel, a young adult fantasy.
I am the Founder and Editor of Into The Well.
I am the Prose Editor of Cauldron Anthology.
I am a book nerd and read as much as I possibly can. When I’m not writing you’ll find me reading.
On this blog you’ll find my musings, some advice on writing (to be taken or thrown in the trash at your pleasure), flash fiction challenges, a little bit of poetry, book reviews, and of course, every weekend you will find my post for the Weekend Coffee Share group.
I love feedback, ideas for collaborations, and general chats about anything you think I might like to hear. The weirder the better! Please feel free to post comments. I do not tolerate rude or inappropriate comments and they will be removed immediately, but I’m sure I’ll never have to do that as you’re all wonderful, kind people. You can talk to me privately here. I do my very best to reply to comments and emails within 1-2 days.
If there’s anything else you want to know about me, please feel free to ask. I’m happy to answer almost any question unless it’s about where my favourite AFL team are on the ladder. If you didn’t know, my favourite team are the Brisbane Lions and now I’ve told you that I’m sure you understand my unwillingness to answer questions on the subject.
I hope you enjoy reading my blog and don’t be scared when you come across Tuwop, he’s promised not to eat the flesh of anyone who reads my blog.
- “The Siren’s Song” – Cauldron Anthology (April 2017) – available here
- “Gothic After Dark” -Twisted Sister lit mag (forthcoming)
- “An Unbreakable Bond, Or So We Thought” – short memoir – published in Skive Magazine (Spring/Fall 2012) – available here
- “A Walk Through Spring Gully Conservation Park” – short note on a nature walk – published in Positive Words (October 2016) – available here
- “The Siren, The Mermaid, The Myth, and The Fairy Tale” – Cauldron Anthology (April 2017) – available here
- Positive Words Poetry Competition 2015 – short listed